Warning to anyone with an active copy of Muvizu:Play+

Advice and workarounds on how to make the Muvizu moviemaking process easier for yourself!
TheNashvilleKat1968

Re: Warning to anyone with an active copy of Muvizu:Play+

Post by TheNashvilleKat1968 »

When I attempt to log into my copy of Muvizu, I'm greeted by a pop-up box telling me an upgrade is available and it asks if I wish to download it. If I click "yes", I'm told "Failed! We've not been able to complete the automatic update!" which makes sense since no one is "minding the store" so to speak. At that point, the software loads as it normally would. However, if I attempt to load any scene I've worked on I'm told, "There was an error loading the scene. A valid license was not found for some of the content". However this happens even if I attempt to load a random object from within Muvizu such as the pool table or whatever into a blank scene as well. I'm running version 2015.08.20.01R. This began not long after I downloaded the Key Framing pack. I still have the playplus.lic in the Program Files>MuvizuPlay>MuvizuGame>License folder. Any ideas where I could go from here? By the way, my license is a full license for Play Plus.

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

TheNashvilleKat1968 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:17 am
When I attempt to log into my copy of Muvizu, I'm greeted by a pop-up box telling me an upgrade is available and it asks if I wish to download it. If I click "yes", I'm told "Failed! We've not been able to complete the automatic update!" which makes sense since no one is "minding the store" so to speak. At that point, the software loads as it normally would. However, if I attempt to load any scene I've worked on I'm told, "There was an error loading the scene. A valid license was not found for some of the content". However this happens even if I attempt to load a random object from within Muvizu such as the pool table or whatever into a blank scene as well. I'm running version 2015.08.20.01R. This began not long after I downloaded the Key Framing pack. I still have the playplus.lic in the Program Files>MuvizuPlay>MuvizuGame>License folder. Any ideas where I could go from here? By the way, my license is a full license for Play Plus.
I would install the latest version into a different folder: http://www.anizu.uk/muvizu-downloads/Mu ... 1R_x64.exe
Then copy your playplus.lic file into the same place in this newly installed version. That should eliminate the potential bugs?

Arcanebits

Post by Arcanebits »

This is weird. First of all, I do loved the SW, I hope they keep it up, or at least polish it some more.

My licence its in the mentioned place, it works nicely, but the name is "pro.lic" and not payplus.lic. Does that make any Diference?

Greets!
Arcanebitsd

roboborough

Post by roboborough »

Warning - regarding this warning, I followed this advice and I am still without my paid copy of muvizu - what is the point of of a licence that hooks onto a number from your network card - my old pc is dead - mac address on motherboard - no history kept in router - VERY FRUSTRATING, why can't the licence server go online? - did they forget to pay Unreal?

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

roboborough wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:49 am
Warning - regarding this warning, I followed this advice and I am still without my paid copy of muvizu - what is the point of of a licence that hooks onto a number from your network card - my old pc is dead - mac address on motherboard - no history kept in router - VERY FRUSTRATING, why can't the licence server go online? - did they forget to pay Unreal?
The licencing server is online, but is not configured to accept anything other than Meshmellow's new beta licencing system. I don't believe this has anything to do with Unreal, and I doubt Unreal would support it if that were the case since Unreal 3 is pretty old at this point.
Do you have any of the other Muvizu program files from your old PC? Some users have found their MAC Address in MuvizuGame>Logs>Persistant.log
If you didn't make a backup of this, how did your PC die? Can you remove the hard drive and get that file from it?

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

Arcanebits wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:25 am
This is weird. First of all, I do loved the SW, I hope they keep it up, or at least polish it some more.

My licence its in the mentioned place, it works nicely, but the name is "pro.lic" and not payplus.lic. Does that make any Diference?

Greets!
Arcanebitsd
Not sure, but I would assume it's the same.

harperjdav

Post by harperjdav »

Doc wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:53 am
I would install the latest version into a different folder: http://www.anizu.uk/muvizu-downloads/Mu ... 1R_x64.exe
Then copy your playplus.lic file into the same place in this newly installed version. That should eliminate the potential bugs?
Hey Doc - I tried installing MuvizuPlay+ in a different folder (without uninstalling the original version). I copied the playplus.lic file into the license folder for the new one, but it still only gives me the free version and asks me to upgrade. So now I have the original install which recognizes its license file and works as the plus version, but throws fatal exceptions whenever I try to make a video, and another Muvizu instance that works fine but apparently doesn't recognize the license file so I can't use any of the .set files I've already created in Plus. Any idea why the other instance won't accept the license file?

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

harperjdav wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:05 pm
Doc wrote:
Hey Doc - I tried installing MuvizuPlay+ in a different folder (without uninstalling the original version). I copied the playplus.lic file into the license folder for the new one, but it still only gives me the free version and asks me to upgrade. So now I have the original install which recognizes its license file and works as the plus version, but throws fatal exceptions whenever I try to make a video, and another Muvizu instance that works fine but apparently doesn't recognize the license file so I can't use any of the .set files I've already created in Plus. Any idea why the other instance won't accept the license file?
In the new copy of Muvizu, have you spelled Licence with a C at the end or an S? (License/Licence)
It'll only accept it with a C, as others have made this mistake before.

If that's not the issue, I'm not sure what is and I'll have to ask for more info.

harperjdav

Post by harperjdav »

Doc wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:16 pm
harperjdav wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:05 pm
Doc wrote:

In the new copy of Muvizu, have you spelled Licence with a C at the end or an S? (License/Licence)
It'll only accept it with a C, as others have made this mistake before.

If that's not the issue, I'm not sure what is and I'll have to ask for more info.
Ah Jeez. All this trouble because I'm American. Yes, I did indeed spell license with a big fat American S. I just changed it to C and it works like a charm. Thanks Doc!

roboborough

Post by roboborough »

Hi folks, I am still without my copy of Muvizu. (my pc died) I have followed the instructions to retrieve the old MAC address and spoof it on the new PC and that seems to work because I now get the error "this licence has been activated the maximium number of times. Is there a work around for this error - many thanks