Old and New versions refuse to load

Reporting any bugs you find in the Muvizu software.
JustFiBi

Re: Old and New versions refuse to load

Post by JustFiBi »

The only problem I have is with 1 Microsoft Solitaire game, but that's due to the fact that their advertisements are developed by a third party and some of them literally stop the game. But closing and opening again resumes play normally.
No other software in my system has ever had any problem.
The card gets warm easily and I hear the system fan turn on. But any time the fan comes on I've "never" seen any hint of lag, falter or other problems with whatever is on the monitor.
My daughter was just playing Sims4 yesterday - perfectly. She's 15 and would let me know right away if something wasn't working properly. Now "that" game is a video memory hog - but runs beautifully on my system. And, I might add, I never close my E-mail program, MailWasher Pro (that checks all of my E-mail accounts at the server level every 10 minutes), Windows Explorer and a couple of Notepad files. So those were all running while she played Sims4. If that's not a testament to the video card running well I don't know what is.
I agree it's odd, but there "has" to be something in the "underlying technologies" (as Doc mentioned) that is at fault.
In the last 2+ years I've had 0 issues with my system. The very last issue I had (prior to now) was Muvizu when I had the "old" video card. After I replaced that I made a bunch of videos, had 0 issues, and never had another issue until the other week when I launched Muvizu - after not using it since 2016, not changing anything in the system, making no changes other than standard updates. When I launched the original version (had to be the 2013 version because it was in 2016 when I installed and then didn't use Muvizu through 2017) a huge list of errors came up...as I reported previously.

How do I get in touch with Meshmellow if they aren't responding to anybody?

Thank you guys for all your help. It would seem I'm "stuck" at this point because I don't know whether to "try" another card or what. I've installed 2013 into a new folder, 2017 into a new folder, removed them all and installed 2017 in the default folder, but everything ends in the same situation...can't open.
If you were me and wanted to at least try another card that is not going to break the bank, but one that you "know" works well with Muvizu, which would you try? Or "is" there one that's not really expensive that will work well?
And, do "you" guys use Win 7 or Win 10? Do you think that would be an issue?
Because this is the only software with which I've ever had problem in Win 10, like you I'm grasping at straws to see if there is another solution. I could install Win 7 in another partition and see if that works. I supposed that's a test I could perform without any expense since I have Win 7 on a jump drive.
Any thoughts?

JustFiBi

Post by JustFiBi »

One last question, since you guys are well versed in the animation software.
If you were to seriously consider "something else" compared to Muvizu, what software would you recommend?

Meshmellow has shut down the E-mail address to contact them, so there is absolutely no method of communication with Meshmellow. My message to them this morning was simply bounced - 550 Mail content denied.

So instead of "hoping" that they ever come back on line, as much as I like Muvizu, if it's being "shelved" I'd just as soon find something else instead of tearing apart my system to make the software work.
Thanks.

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

JustFiBi wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:22 pm
One last question, since you guys are well versed in the animation software.
If you were to seriously consider "something else" compared to Muvizu, what software would you recommend?

Meshmellow has shut down the E-mail address to contact them, so there is absolutely no method of communication with Meshmellow. My message to them this morning was simply bounced - 550 Mail content denied.

So instead of "hoping" that they ever come back on line, as much as I like Muvizu, if it's being "shelved" I'd just as soon find something else instead of tearing apart my system to make the software work.
Thanks.
I'm not sure why your email bounced, I've been talking back and forth with Snow for a few days now. snow.tu@meshmellow.cn
The closest thing I've seen to the general idea of Muvizu is called "Dreams" which is a PS4 exclusive: http://dreams.mediamolecule.com/

Apart from maybe re-installing Windows, you could try this newer version of Muvizu http://www.anizu.uk/muvizu-downloads/Mu ... 1R_x64.exe (I'm not expecting it to work since it's only one week newer but it might be worth a shot?)

I use Windows 10 with no issues so I don't think that's the problem. Yours is a unique situation; I don't think I've seen this error in the past 7 years of loitering on the Muvizu forum.

JustFiBi

Post by JustFiBi »

After spending the day installing Win7 (as dual boot) and installing Muvizu into that new Win7, I got it to work in Win7 without issues.

BUT...this is what really gets me....
I rebooted back to Win10 and...Muvizu works fine. omg....sigh....

It would seem that "something" about installing Win7 and then Muvizu there "triggered" something so that when I launched Muvizu in Win10 it works...again.
And, like you, when I originally installed Muvizu it worked perfectly.

I used the E-mail address that you sent to me, and even verified that address with the one posted in the "Help" (Contact) page in the site. But I got the error - snow.tu@meshmellow.cn
host mxbiz1.qq.com [184.105.206.59]
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
550 Mail content denied.
It could be that your IP has been white listed and everybody else is black listed.
Ask "snow". I'll bet there is something similar that's blocking the general public.
I do have a signature in my E-mail. But it should have been delivered and maybe gone to spam or something...but not bounced.

I'm going to look into "Dreams" so that I have a back up plan. I can't do this again.
The fact that it's PS4 will be a huge draw-back for me. I don't own one.

Thank you very much for hanging in there with me while I kicked the computer several times, apparently. I'm pretty sure the installation of Win7 had to do with whatever made Win10 work with Muvizu again.
At least I let you know that "something" got it working again, because I agree that there should not have been any issues with Win10. "Only me"!

Edit: Doc. Thank you for alerting snow. She sent me a message to which I replied and it bounced back. I guess I'm in my own little world...