Muvizu Crashes when I try to save a character in Favorites

Reporting any bugs you find in the Muvizu software.
Torchwood18

Muvizu Crashes when I try to save a character in Favorites

Post by Torchwood18 »

SO I upgraded to Muvizu Pro and I like to create my own characters, however whenever I try and save one by clicking the Favorites tab on the character screen Muvizu just crashes.

I am using the version sent to me by Snow which is MuvizuPlaySetupDXDotNetFull_2017.04.06.01R_Pro_x64.

It is very frustrating because I am worried that if I uninstall in and reinstall it and keep getting the error message i am going to be caught out with that stupid 10 limit ridiculousness.

Does anyone know what this could be and know how to fix it?

Many thanks,

Steve

Ziggy72

Re: Muvizu Crashes when I try to save a character in Favorites

Post by Ziggy72 »

No idea why the favourites bit would be crashing on you (I never use favourites) but there is another way you can do this until you work it out :

1 - Create your characters in a 'casting' set (that's what I call them anyway) and save the set.

2 - Select the character(s) in the casting set, and Copy

3 - Open your target set

4 - Paste

Your characters should now appear in your target set, but still be saved in your casting set. I use this approach because it's much easier to maintain continuity.

This picture here is an extreme example of it, but the principle works - keep all your characters in one set and just copy them out when you need them.

Torchwood18

Post by Torchwood18 »

Hi,

Thank you very much I will give it a go :)

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

Not sure if you are the same person but here is Pat's recent explanation from Zuchat:
"I've never heard of this, but my first guess is that something in your favorites folder is corrupt. You could test this theory by removing anything in that folder with a recent file date. If your computer runs on Windows 10, your favorites folder can be found here:
C:\ProgramData\Muvizu\Favourites

I think ProgramData is normally a hidden directory, so you'll need to set your options to view hidden files and directories if not already set that way.

Maybe one of the filenames has an illegal character?"