Hello from Pennsylvania, USA

Introduce yourself to our warm, welcoming & ever-growing community!
RayR10

Hello from Pennsylvania, USA

Post by RayR10 »

Good afternoon,
I just want to say hello and ask a few questions. I see this is a site for users of Muvizu.

When I first found the Muvizu software a week ago, I was very excited. I was looking for something along the lines of Microsoft's Movie Maker program from the 90's but updated. This looks like a very promising program that is powerful, but also a bit customizable. I realize it uses pre-modeled characters... and it doesn't allow custom precision movements, but still. It looks like a fantastic "middle ground" between making a great creative animation and not have to learn a lot of programming and intense 3D modeling. It seems very flexible especially with the ability to load in custom texture character maps.

Shortly after testing the program and watching several videos, I decided to purchase the full version. That's when I looked a little closer at the Muvizu website and the forum. I was shocked. :shock: It was filled with spam and it looked like it had been abandoned. There are messages on their forum that are several years old with no replies. The newest tutorial on YouTube is 5 years old. Furthermore, when I went to purchase the program, I noticed how there were Chinese characters in the data fields and I also noticed how the web browser showed "Not Secure". So now I have extreme doubts about going forward with buying this and using it. I would have loved to use this... and I would have loved to have the full working version. But... :?

Just wondering if any of you can tell me if the website is safe or not. From reading the posts, it seems like the original company went under??? and was bought up by... Meshmallow? Who then, did nothing with it? (I'm just trying to understand this, so maybe I have that all wrong).

At any rate, just wondering if you all still use this software and what you think the future of it is. With Windows 11 just around the corner, I'd hate to spend money on a useless / defunct product with no support. Do you think it's still safe to purchase it?

Thanks and I appreciate anything you can tell me. :)

RayR10

Re: Hello from Pennsylvania, USA

Post by RayR10 »

Ah....
I see further down in the post "Afraid to Buy This..." that some of my questions were answered.

Well... that's very disappointing. I don't think I'm going to look into this software any further. If it's not supported and if that license activation is tied down to a MAC address... and with all the bugs and problems I see everyone having... this just isn't worth my time. (sigh).

I can't believe how difficult it is to do 3D animation in this day and age and NOBODY has developed an easy to use, drag and drop, simple animation program for the masses to do this. Seems like a HUGE opportunity for someone out there. But, I suppose if there were a huge demand for it... then Muvizu wouldn't have gone under in the first place.

Oh well. Bye, and thank you.