Muvizu a little slow in starting compared to what it used to be?

Introduce yourself to our warm, welcoming & ever-growing community!
musiclover

Muvizu a little slow in starting compared to what it used to be?

Post by musiclover »

Hi folks,

Good to see Muvizu is still alive and fair play to all the guys who set up this site to keep it going.

It did come as a bit of surprise to hear the company had gone into administration, I had contacted them a few times in past with problems and found Jamie who usually replied to be more than helpful.

Well I haven't really done anything with the software as yet, but its one of those pieces of software (as I am a band in a box user) that I wanted on my computer in case I took the plunge.

Has anyone noticed that the software is a little slow to start compared to what it used to be, though I have a seven year old computer I am putting this down to windows 7 updates since the company had gone into admin, and no further updates to the software from them?

Anyone else find Muvizu a little slow to start, probably takes up to and over a minute in my case?

Thanks a lot,
Joe

Doc
Site Admin

Re: Muvizu a little slow in starting compared to what it used to be?

Post by Doc »

musiclover wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:52 pm
Hi folks,

Good to see Muvizu is still alive and fair play to all the guys who set up this site to keep it going.

It did come as a bit of surprise to hear the company had gone into administration, I had contacted them a few times in past with problems and found Jamie who usually replied to be more than helpful.

Well I haven't really done anything with the software as yet, but its one of those pieces of software (as I am a band in a box user) that I wanted on my computer in case I took the plunge.

Has anyone noticed that the software is a little slow to start compared to what it used to be, though I have a seven year old computer I am putting this down to windows 7 updates since the company had gone into admin, and no further updates to the software from them?

Anyone else find Muvizu a little slow to start, probably takes up to and over a minute in my case?

Thanks a lot,
Joe
Welcome to Zuchat, Joe!

Unfortunately, Digimania went into administration due to poor decisions higher up causing the software to coast and not make enough money to sustain itself.

The software is slow to start at the moment because it's trying to "call home" but not getting a response. You can speed it up by blocking it in your firewall for now (So it doesn't even bother trying to call home).

ammostro

Post by ammostro »

Nice explained : "call home" :lol: :lol:

musiclover

Post by musiclover »

Thanks a lot Doc that seems to have helped a little.
I do hope they can find a buyer for the software, but in the meantime thanks again to all the folks who created the website to keep it alive.

:)

joe