Alternative Actions - Is there an easier way?

Advice and workarounds on how to make the Muvizu moviemaking process easier for yourself!
Bob Webb

Alternative Actions - Is there an easier way?

Post by Bob Webb »

Hello everyone!

I'm a stranger here, yet I know many of you as I've watched so many of your fantastic tutorials and used your great sets or assets. So, a huge thank you to you all!

My question today concerns character actions. Expanding actions beyond what is listed often requires combining several actions of multiple copies of the same character and toggling invisibility. I was wondering if anyone has found a technique to simplify this process.

I guess like many of you, I fiddle around for hours until I find a combination and camera angle that works. Therefore, I wondered if anyone has found a more effective way.

I thought of two possible solutions. The first is a table listing all available actions and indicating possible combinations. I understand this would require a lot of time and work to compile.

My second possible solution would be to create action sets similar to how they are used to preserve and exchange assets. For example, I recently made a set with construction characters doing manual tasks. I understand these actions can't be saved to favourites or transferred to other characters. Nevertheless, it provides a record of how the actions were achieved.

So finally, my two questions are - Have such records ever been created and available for common use?

If not, do the esteemed member of this forum believe such projects would be feasible or worthwhile?

Thank you so much for making it this far. I look forward to reading your opinions.

Cheers
Bob