Warning to anyone with an active copy of Muvizu:Play+

Advice and workarounds on how to make the Muvizu moviemaking process easier for yourself!
atacar

Re: Warning to anyone with an active copy of Muvizu:Play+

Post by atacar »

I lost my plyplus.lic because I format my pc. :evil: I have only my licence code file (code text)
My question is: :?: I lost any chance to re-activate it? :oops:

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

Your code isn't much good at the moment because there is no server to make sure it's correct so Muvizu has no way of knowing if it should activate.
Unfortunately you need the playplus.lic file to have Muvizu activated at the moment. :/

RoadSailor

Post by RoadSailor »

Thanks for this incredibly helpful information!

Something happened to my hard disk drive and after many fruitless hours of trying to save it, I ended up getting a new laptop. I didn't know at the time that I wouldn't be able to re-activate my fully licensed copy of Muvizu Play+ and add-ons.

I was, however, able to retrieve the Licence folder and file from a backup and, equally important for me, the persistant log file.

That was critical because I'd also switched ISP's and modem/router so I couldn't get my MAC address from the broken pc or the router logs!

After studying the log file, and with the knowledge so generously shared on this site, I was able to recognize the MAC address and apply the work-around recommended here. Success! Yeah!

In case it's helpful to others like me ─of limited technical knowledge─ I'll share what I learned about getting it to work.

Since I used WiFi all the time, the MAC address the Licence folder was looking for was my old WiFi MAC address. Alas, on my new computer, it wouldn't allow me to change the WiFi MAC address to anything that didn't start with 02; and my old one didn't start with that.

Some of you more experienced folks probably would have realized this right away, but it took me quite a while to realize that I could change or 'spoof' the MAC address of any network device, and that would work. So I set up the Batch file to change the MAC address titled Ethernet; not the one titled WiFi (even though I'm using the WiFi) ...and that worked for me!!!

The clue ...for me anyway ...was in the old persistant log file. It finally dawned on me after staring at that multiple times, that it listed my WiFi MAC address, and Ethernet MAC address and a Bluetooth MAC address, and that it was looking for a match from any of them, and just happened to be finding it with the WiFi.

The licence scheme doesn't seem to care whether or not you're using the connection with the MAC address they've registered, it just seems to want to know that it exists on the computer being used.

So, again, I just had the Batch file assign the MAC address from my old computer's WiFi connection to my new computer's Ethernet connection and I'm back running.

That's a long-winded explanation but I hope it's helpful to someone else who didn't at first understand that from the Batch file instructions.

Thanks again for what you've done here with this site.

Gerry Egan
Raleigh, NC USA

rodrisilva

Post by rodrisilva »

RoadSailor wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:35 pm
Thanks for this incredibly helpful information!

Something happened to my hard disk drive and after many fruitless hours of trying to save it, I ended up getting a new laptop. I didn't know at the time that I wouldn't be able to re-activate my fully licensed copy of Muvizu Play+ and add-ons.

I was, however, able to retrieve the Licence folder and file from a backup and, equally important for me, the persistant log file.

That was critical because I'd also switched ISP's and modem/router so I couldn't get my MAC address from the broken pc or the router logs!

After studying the log file, and with the knowledge so generously shared on this site, I was able to recognize the MAC address and apply the work-around recommended here. Success! Yeah!

In case it's helpful to others like me ─of limited technical knowledge─ I'll share what I learned about getting it to work.

Since I used WiFi all the time, the MAC address the Licence folder was looking for was my old WiFi MAC address. Alas, on my new computer, it wouldn't allow me to change the WiFi MAC address to anything that didn't start with 02; and my old one didn't start with that.

Some of you more experienced folks probably would have realized this right away, but it took me quite a while to realize that I could change or 'spoof' the MAC address of any network device, and that would work. So I set up the Batch file to change the MAC address titled Ethernet; not the one titled WiFi (even though I'm using the WiFi) ...and that worked for me!!!

The clue ...for me anyway ...was in the old persistant log file. It finally dawned on me after staring at that multiple times, that it listed my WiFi MAC address, and Ethernet MAC address and a Bluetooth MAC address, and that it was looking for a match from any of them, and just happened to be finding it with the WiFi.

The licence scheme doesn't seem to care whether or not you're using the connection with the MAC address they've registered, it just seems to want to know that it exists on the computer being used.

So, again, I just had the Batch file assign the MAC address from my old computer's WiFi connection to my new computer's Ethernet connection and I'm back running.

That's a long-winded explanation but I hope it's helpful to someone else who didn't at first understand that from the Batch file instructions.

Thanks again for what you've done here with this site.

Gerry Egan
Raleigh, NC USA

In one of my previous explanations in Zuchat Group, I explained exactly that. You only need original mac address whatever device is.
Passionate about animation
Visit my Youtube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrRodrisilva

Szj

Want to upgrade my muvizu

Post by Szj »

I downloaded the muvizu trial since last year and I have come to a point where most of my work need to improve now. I want to upgrade my muvizu to plus please give me the link so that I can upgrade it

Ikes

Post by Ikes »

Szj,

There is no link to give you, since the website to buy play+ is not online at the moment. There is probably a new owner of muvizu, but we have to be patient to see any kind of activity from them.

Torchwood17

Post by Torchwood17 »

I was wondering would I be able to get a link or get a copy for a playplus.lic file as I really love this software, but I am unable to upgrade it and as a result I am unable to take advantage of all the awesome user assets on the website.

I hope someone could help me.

Cheers,

mikestan

Post by mikestan »

Darn, just recently discovered about all this as not used Muvizu in a couple of years. Having changed PC not got half the content packs and my activation code is useless. Anyone know timeline it'll be up an running again?

sachin rao

Post by sachin rao »

i want a serial key for muvizu plus plz sir ;) ;)

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

sachin rao wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:16 pm
i want a serial key for muvizu plus plz sir ;) ;)
I spoke with a Meshmellow representative and they will sell you a copy of Muvizu:Pro for ~€70 if you email the address on the Muvizu contact page.