Re: Keeping Muvizu alive

Advice and workarounds on how to make the Muvizu moviemaking process easier for yourself!
Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

paulevs wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:20 am
Hello,

Can anyone help me, my computer was acting up a month ago and I factory reset Windows and I've been slowly reinstalling my programs, I had no idea that something happened to Muvizu because I was using it before just fine. Now I'm finding out about all this as I just reinstalled it, I have my activation code in my receipt email and I'm using the same computer that had it activated but I don't have the license file because I factory reset Windows, can anyone help?
I'm afraid there's not much you can do at the moment. You need the playplus.lic file to activate Muvizu and it will likely have been overwritten when you reinstalled Windows.
All I can really suggest at the moment is downloading the 2013 version because it has much more unlocked that doesn't require a licence. http://anizu.uk/downloads

We're currently waiting for information about the new owner of Muvizu and what their plans are.

paulevs

Post by paulevs »

Is anyone willing to send me the playplus file without their activation code or mac address and I could simply insert my information and it should work. I have just spent hours searching for the deleted files using file recovery software but no luck. I have a lot of money invested with the plus version and various add on packs and right now I can't do anything and I think the new company spoke volumes about the future when they shut down the servers without communicating to the paid customers.

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

paulevs wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:45 pm
Is anyone willing to send me the playplus file without their activation code or mac address and I could simply insert my information and it should work. I have just spent hours searching for the deleted files using file recovery software but no luck. I have a lot of money invested with the plus version and various add on packs and right now I can't do anything and I think the new company spoke volumes about the future when they shut down the servers without communicating to the paid customers.
It's not as easy as inserting your own data into the file. From what I understand, a hash is generated with your Mac address (one for each content pack) but we don't know how it's generated.

The new company have yet to take over. It was the administrators who turned out the lights with barely any warning. I'm not sure how far the administrators are through the selling process, but I think the new company will be taking over before the end of the year.

Doby

Post by Doby »

New company? Has Muvizu been bought?

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

Doby wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:35 pm
New company? Has Muvizu been bought?
Muvizu is in the process of being sold, but we're still waiting for news about who the buyer is and what they plan to do with the software.

Doby

Post by Doby »

So, someone is definitely going to buy it?

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

Doby wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:56 am
So, someone is definitely going to buy it?
I can't say for sure, but the whole purpose of the administration was to sell the software.

cranial

Post by cranial »

Myself, I bought Play+ and some packages then sold my workstation in April and I still have the license code in my hotmail inbox. Few days ago I was to install Muvizu but could not upgrade it... while looking for cracks and hacks I found this site.

Muvizu was once installed in my laptop, but it had no powerful graphics card in it, so that is why I moved Muvizu to a workstation which I later unfortunately sold. Before the sale I uninstalled Muvizu and backed up 7-8GB Muvizu data to USB. Now I want to run Play+ on my new workstation.. well.. I cannot activate and I cannot ask the buyer if I may try to recover the deleted recovery file from the workstation I sold him.

Since I had Muvizu first on my laptop, I just today tried to recover the license without success. By dual boot to Linux on my laptop I tried to recover the license with photorec but couldn't find any recovered *.lic file. To this laptop I reinstalled Windows 10 after having virus from some Android SDK so I guess I am doomed to fail recovery since the license file is probably overwritten.

I think Arconis is a time waster too, but I never tried it since I try to have as little software as possible. My computers have been infected from Android SDK as mentioned earlier and then also from Oracles VirtualBox (it installed some 3rd party adware) as well as I am paranoid to use anti-virus after finding out Avast messes up the performance.

Anyway, in case you happen to have Linux and also lost your license file then you may be luckier than me by trying to recover by using photorec and then typing in the terminal: find -O3 ./your_revocery_folder/ -name "*.lic"

DigiMania has a liability of 17M GBP.. seems DigiMania would have needed to sell 1M upgrades to cover their liability and other expenses. Hopefully I can activate Muvizu one day and continue making the cartoon about Schizophreania and some sufferings I have. Even thought I am interested in making one film only, I would be happy if someone one day knows how to activate Muvizu Play+.

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

cranial wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:29 pm
Myself, I bought Play+ and some packages then sold my workstation in April and I still have the license code in my hotmail inbox. Few days ago I was to install Muvizu but could not upgrade it... while looking for cracks and hacks I found this site.

Muvizu was once installed in my laptop, but it had no powerful graphics card in it, so that is why I moved Muvizu to a workstation which I later unfortunately sold. Before the sale I uninstalled Muvizu and backed up 7-8GB Muvizu data to USB. Now I want to run Play+ on my new workstation.. well.. I cannot activate and I cannot ask the buyer if I may try to recover the deleted recovery file from the workstation I sold him.

Since I had Muvizu first on my laptop, I just today tried to recover the license without success. By dual boot to Linux on my laptop I tried to recover the license with photorec but couldn't find any recovered *.lic file. To this laptop I reinstalled Windows 10 after having virus from some Android SDK so I guess I am doomed to fail recovery since the license file is probably overwritten.

I think Arconis is a time waster too, but I never tried it since I try to have as little software as possible. My computers have been infected from Android SDK as mentioned earlier and then also from Oracles VirtualBox (it installed some 3rd party adware) as well as I am paranoid to use anti-virus after finding out Avast messes up the performance.

Anyway, in case you happen to have Linux and also lost your license file then you may be luckier than me by trying to recover by using photorec and then typing in the terminal: find -O3 ./your_revocery_folder/ -name "*.lic"

DigiMania has a liability of 17M GBP.. seems DigiMania would have needed to sell 1M upgrades to cover their liability and other expenses. Hopefully I can activate Muvizu one day and continue making the cartoon about Schizophreania and some sufferings I have. Even thought I am interested in making one film only, I would be happy if someone one day knows how to activate Muvizu Play+.
Welcome to Anizu, Cranial.
I have some good news and bad news depending on how you look at things. If you don't have a copy of the playplus.lic file then you won't be able to recover your licence. It's unlikely that you'll be able to recover the file using that software after having used the computer for some time after. (I doubt it won't have been overwritten)
The licence key isn't much use at the moment because there is not an activation server to validate it.

The alternative option for you would be to use the 2013 free version which has the majority of the play+ features. This version won't be compatible with newer sets and will always output video with a watermark. http://anizu.uk/muvizu-downloads/Muvizu ... 1R_x64.exe (It's also newer than all the "cracked" version you find on those dodgy sites. Before 2013 all versions were free so it's not really a crack at all)

Digimania was taken over by administrators and their purpose is to liquidate all of Digimania's assets. This includes selling off all the software which was produced by them. Because of this, the company will be functionally dead and all debts (as you can see on various sites) will be effectively written off. (I'm not sure about the specifics but this is roughly what is happening at the moment)
So Muvizu will be sold to (or is likely in the process of being sold to) a new company. We have no idea what this new company plans to do with the Muvizu software but we can hope that they begin selling again so you can activate Muvizu once more. There's also the unlikely chance that they will be able to develop new features into the software. (I say unlikely because the licencing for Unreal etc may no longer be possible)

We haven't established concrete rules on breaking Muvizu activation or spreading information about activating for free, but I (and many other members) would like to discourage this kind of talk because it could open up a big can of legal worms... (not sure if that's a real sentence but I hope you understand)

Once we hear more news about Muvizu's future, it will be posted here (and in the Zuchat facebook group) to keep everyone informed. I'm optimistic that this will happen before the end of the year, but who knows for sure?

I hope this helps. :)

timnixon

Post by timnixon »

Thanks for all the great information.
Like many others I started with the older 2013 version of muvizu, and like so-many others I did not purchase a license (although I should have and probably would now).
Muvizu was a terrific tool for those of us who wanted to create simple character driven animations and it still has a big following and could be very useful for kids and adults.
It would be terrific if there was a way to
- purchase a license OR
- enable the licensed features

I realize there is a legal "no-mans land" that is dangerous to enter when it comes to "abandon-ware" and obviously Muvizu is not yet abandoned. I just hope the new owners of the code realize that it is a product people are interested in

I wonder if the 'administrators' (I assume you refer to financial people handling liquidation) could be contacted?

Tim Nixon, NJ USA