Re: Keeping Muvizu alive

Advice and workarounds on how to make the Muvizu moviemaking process easier for yourself!
Ikes

Post by Ikes »

Hi Solidsnake,

Do you now have another computer than the one you activated muvizu on? Then you also need the MAC address of that old computer. In the licence folder is only one playplus.lic file.

For playplus to work there has to be this line in it with a key of random letters / numbers:

FEATURE playplus
{
VENDOR=DigimaniaLtd VERSION=1.0 START=2015-07-08 SHARE=VIRTUAL LICENSEE="Your name"
COMMENT="Autogenerated Licence"
KEY= XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX \
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX \
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
}

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

solidsnake1977 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:17 am
Besides that, in one of the posts it says that I should back up the entire license folder, but I didn't find another file besides the playplus.lic file, should I have another?
Thanks for your help.
There's only one file in that folder, but you'd need to make a "licence" folder in the new install directory anyway so my reasoning was to save the folder to reduce the number of steps to activate. :)

If you're on the same computer, you need to put the playplus.lic file in C:\Program Files\Muvizu Play\MuvizuGame\Licence or wherever you installed the new copy of Muvizu. If you've changed what you're using to connect to the internet (EG: Moved to a different computer/changed from wifi to wired connection) you'll need to spoof your old MAC address. In this case you'd need to try and find what your old MAC address was.

I didn't know you needed to change the uisettings file, I'll have a go with and without to check that. :)

There's a lot of info here, so keep asking questions if you're stuck!

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:47 am
I didn't know you needed to change the uisettings file, I'll have a go with and without to check that. :)
Update: My uisettings.ini file doesn't have an activationcode line and Muvizu:Play+ still works so I don't think that should be a problem. It seems to rely on just playplus.lic and your MAC address.

solidsnake1977

Post by solidsnake1977 »

Doc wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:47 am
solidsnake1977 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:17 am
Besides that, in one of the posts it says that I should back up the entire license folder, but I didn't find another file besides the playplus.lic file, should I have another?
Thanks for your help.
There's only one file in that folder, but you'd need to make a "licence" folder in the new install directory anyway so my reasoning was to save the folder to reduce the number of steps to activate. :)

If you're on the same computer, you need to put the playplus.lic file in C:\Program Files\Muvizu Play\MuvizuGame\Licence or wherever you installed the new copy of Muvizu. If you've changed what you're using to connect to the internet (EG: Moved to a different computer/changed from wifi to wired connection) you'll need to spoof your old MAC address. In this case you'd need to try and find what your old MAC address was.

There's a lot of info here, so keep asking questions if you're stuck!
Hello,

Thanks for your prompt answer. I have that file, exactly in the format you have mentioned.
FEATURE playplus
{
VENDOR=DigimaniaLtd VERSION=1.0 START=2017-03-05 SHARE=VIRTUAL LICENSEE="MY NAME"
KEY=7Z....

I am in the same computer, so I have the same MAC Address (I hope). I copied the playplus.lic file in the folder C:\Program Files\Muvizu Play\MuvizuGame\License

So far, it's been very simple, however, things go ugly. As soon as I start the programme, it shows me the message that I should "Buy Muvizu: Play+", "Introduce license key", "Watch the tutorials" or "close". I've tried all of them and they don't work.

What should I do now?

I am using version MuvizuPlaySetupDXDotNetFull_2017.03.31.01R_x64.exe, should I try another one?

Thanks for your help

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

solidsnake1977 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:39 pm
Hello,

Thanks for your prompt answer. I have that file, exactly in the format you have mentioned.
FEATURE playplus
{
VENDOR=DigimaniaLtd VERSION=1.0 START=2017-03-05 SHARE=VIRTUAL LICENSEE="MY NAME"
KEY=7Z....

I am in the same computer, so I have the same MAC Address (I hope). I copied the playplus.lic file in the folder C:\Program Files\Muvizu Play\MuvizuGame\License

So far, it's been very simple, however, things go ugly. As soon as I start the programme, it shows me the message that I should "Buy Muvizu: Play+", "Introduce license key", "Watch the tutorials" or "close". I've tried all of them and they don't work.

What should I do now?

I am using version MuvizuPlaySetupDXDotNetFull_2017.03.31.01R_x64.exe, should I try another one?

Thanks for your help
In C:\Program Files\Muvizu Play\Binaries64 there's a file called Muvizu.exe. Is the result the same if you open that file (it should open Muvizu)?
If so, have you changed how you connect to the internet recently? EG: Changing to a different wifi dongle

Ikes

Post by Ikes »

I copied the playplus.lic file in the folder C:\Program Files\Muvizu Play\MuvizuGame\License
Did you name that folder "License", or "Licence"? Should be with a C, not a S.

solidsnake1977

Post by solidsnake1977 »

Thanks to all of you for your help.
Ikes wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:46 pm
Did you name that folder "License", or "Licence"? Should be with a C, not a S.
1) I just renamed the folder so it says Licence (with a "c") now. Now I see the importance of backing-up the entire folder, thanks. I'm from Mexico so sometimes I make mistakes between American and UK English... and also other grammatical mistakes, sorry for that.
Doc wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:13 pm
In C:\Program Files\Muvizu Play\Binaries64 there's a file called Muvizu.exe. Is the result the same if you open that file (it should open Muvizu)?
If so, have you changed how you connect to the internet recently? EG: Changing to a different wifi dongle
2) I tried clicking directly on the Muvizu.exe file in C:\Program Files\Muvizu Play\Binaries64 with no different luck
3) In this computer I've been using both a wifi dongle and the Ethernet port. I've tried both while opening the programme with no success in either case. I have been connected to a TPLink Extender, so I tried with it connected too, but no luck either.

The only thing that has been changed in my Network configuration is the ISP router, could that be the problem? My ISP changed it a month ago.

Maybe I didn't explicitly said before, my Muvizu programme was working perfectly two days ago but it just stopped working last morning. I didn't make any change in my network or my computer recently to justify that it stopped working.

I have uninstalled the programme and tried installing it again, but the result is the same: the begginning page asking me to buy/introduce licence key. I noticed that some files remain after I uninstalled it, should I erase them to have a clean start?

Any other ideas?

Thanks again for your help.

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

solidsnake1977 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:27 pm
1) I just renamed the folder so it says Licence (with a "c") now. Now I see the importance of backing-up the entire folder, thanks. I'm from Mexico so sometimes I make mistakes between American and UK English... and also other grammatical mistakes, sorry for that.
Doc wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:13 pm
2) I tried clicking directly on the Muvizu.exe file in C:\Program Files\Muvizu Play\Binaries64 with no different luck
3) In this computer I've been using both a wifi dongle and the Ethernet port. I've tried both while opening the programme with no success in either case. I have been connected to a TPLink Extender, so I tried with it connected too, but no luck either.

The only thing that has been changed in my Network configuration is the ISP router, could that be the problem? My ISP changed it a month ago.

Maybe I didn't explicitly said before, my Muvizu programme was working perfectly two days ago but it just stopped working last morning. I didn't make any change in my network or my computer recently to justify that it stopped working.

I have uninstalled the programme and tried installing it again, but the result is the same: the beginning page asking me to buy/introduce licence key. I noticed that some files remain after I uninstalled it, should I erase them to have a clean start?

Any other ideas?

Thanks again for your help.
So just to confirm, it still doesn't work after changing the s to a c?
I'm not sure what else could have changed here. Your MAC address should be an ID of your computer's networking device, so your router shouldn't affect it.

Ikes

Post by Ikes »

Can you tell what the log file says in MuvizuGame\Logs\Persistant.log?

solidsnake1977

Post by solidsnake1977 »

Hello,

Supposedly I had posted before that it worked already. But I don't see my post anywhere.

Thank you very much for your help.

I updated my Windows 10 (it had asked me to do so since early morning) and it worked after that. I don't know if Windows was creating any problems before that.

I can't tell with words how much I appreciate your kind help.

I was so happy that I went out to celebrate =)