The file is an unknown format!?

Reporting any bugs you find in the Muvizu software.
Amissimal

The file is an unknown format!?

Post by Amissimal »

Don´t know if it´s a bug or what---- but Muvizu drives me nuts. I imported mp3 files and Muvizu accepts only half of them. The audio is recorded with the same microphone, at the same time and in the same format. Nevertheless, I get the message; The file is in an unknown format ...... The files in question are mp3 files. Why does Muvizu reject some and accepts other? All are mp3-files....!

Doc
Site Admin

Re: The file is an unknown format!?

Post by Doc »

That's unusual, I've not heard of MP3 issues in a long time.
To confirm, you're exporting these from your recording software all the same way with no codec changes? And you're always going to Prepare Audio-->New-->Edit-->Import?
If you use WAV files is there the same issue?

Amissimal

Post by Amissimal »

Yes, I follow the steps; new-edit-import-etc, as I have always done. But I tried something else today; I record a couple of seconds of silence prior to the audio and now Muvizu accepted it :? Don't know why, though! I´ll do some test later on to confirm that the problem is fixed. I also tried import WAV and it went well. So now I don´t know if I go with WAV or mp3...but I´m glad that I can import audio files again ;)

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

Amissimal wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:09 pm
Yes, I follow the steps; new-edit-import-etc, as I have always done. But I tried something else today; I record a couple of seconds of silence prior to the audio and now Muvizu accepted it :? Don't know why, though! I´ll do some test later on to confirm that the problem is fixed. I also tried import WAV and it went well. So now I don´t know if I go with WAV or mp3...but I´m glad that I can import audio files again ;)
Wow that's unusual but thanks for finding a workaround. :) Is this the March 2017 release?

Amissimal

Post by Amissimal »

No, it´s some years old now. I dare not update my Muvizu anymore due to the problems the company has...

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

Amissimal wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:28 am
No, it´s some years old now. I dare not update my Muvizu anymore due to the problems the company has...
Are you using the free version or Muvizu:Play+? I know MP3 used to cause some issues in older versions.

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

If you're using Muvizu:Play+(paid version), I would suggest you install the latest version. http://www.anizu.uk/muvizu-downloads/Mu ... 1R_x64.exe
You can install it in a different directory to keep your current version of Muvizu as a backup if you'd like.
To activate the new copy, it should be as simple as finding the folder called MuvizuGame in the new Muvizu folder, making a folder called "Licence", and then copying the playplus.lic file from the older folder into this new folder.
This will prevent you having some of these weird bugs which were fixed in later versions.

Amissimal

Post by Amissimal »

Doc wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:30 am
Amissimal wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:28 am
Are you using the free version or Muvizu:Play+? I know MP3 used to cause some issues in older versions.
I have Play+, but as I said; no updates in some time.... :|

Amissimal

Post by Amissimal »

Doc wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:38 am
If you're using Muvizu:Play+(paid version), I would suggest you install the latest version. http://www.anizu.uk/muvizu-downloads/Mu ... 1R_x64.exe
You can install it in a different directory to keep your current version of Muvizu as a backup if you'd like.
To activate the new copy, it should be as simple as finding the folder called MuvizuGame in the new Muvizu folder, making a folder called "Licence", and then copying the playplus.lic file from the older folder into this new folder.
This will prevent you having some of these weird bugs which were fixed in later versions.
I´m afraid I´m not that technical so I don´t dare to do what you are suggesting. My plan is to make a Muvizu-vid a month so I must have a working version of Muvizu. But I read that the company perhaps is coming back with new owners and in that case, I´m gonna buy a better PC (I have a laptop now) and a new version of Muvizu Play+. I want to have two separate versions, feels safer that way. Once I got a new version of Muvizu I can update the old one :D

By the way; I have done some tests and can confirm that Muvizu accepts all audio which has some recorded silence before the sound. It´s enough with one second of silence. I noticed that HitFilm had the same issue so I tried the same solution once again, and voila :lol:
I don´t know if it´s my hard ware or the lack of updates but now Muvizu is function again....