Frame rate isn't right

Reporting any bugs you find in the Muvizu software.
Brian Dunning

Frame rate isn't right

Post by Brian Dunning »

I'm saving my movies as an image sequence at 29.97 fps. I then use Quicktime Pro 7 to convert these to mov files, also at 29.97, 1080p, for use in FCPX.

But when I put them in FCPX they are not even close to matching the speed they were created at. I have to manually retime them, speeding them way up, usually to right around 85% time. 29.97 / .85 = ~35.3 fps playback speed.

I have double checked all my settings at each step, and am left scratching my head. The only thing I can think of that matches the facts is that Muvizu is outputting too many frames, like it's outputting at ~35.3 fps.

Can anyone enlighten me?

NOTE: This is on a really slow computer, all-in-one, with an integrated graphics card.

Ikes

Re: Frame rate isn't right

Post by Ikes »

Hi Brian,

I've understood that muvizu renders at 25 fps. Is your movie big in length? I noticed that rendering large scenes creates too many frames. Yesterday I rendered a scene of 4:51 m (7275 frames). The result was 4:58 m (7450 frames). It rendered 175 frames too much somehow. I have no idea why. You can try to chop up your scene in shorter parts.

Ziggy72

Re: Frame rate isn't right

Post by Ziggy72 »

As far as I was aware image sequences are at 25 fps by default, like Ikes said. Try keeping everything at 25 until you get to the QT export, and then resample to 29.97 and see if that fixes it.