Old and New versions refuse to load

Reporting any bugs you find in the Muvizu software.
JustFiBi

Re: Old and New versions refuse to load

Post by JustFiBi »

There is only 1 thing different from when I first started using Muvizu.
My daughter was just here this weekend and played Sims, which was already installed years ago before Muvizu and I used it without any problems. I noticed that Origin (part of how Sims connects to the Net) is still running.
I'll close that and see what happens.

I already added Muvizu to the firewall and AV.

Edit: Exiting Origin did nothing to help. No games have been added since Muvizu was working, but I have Microsoft Solitaire open....and it did not help to close that. I don't know what Unreal is. So we can rule that out.
Last edited by JustFiBi on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

Sorry to make to keep trying to update these, but try installing the Visual C++ and other files from these links: http://www.anizu.uk/muvizu-wiki/wiki/53 ... tware.html

Also maybe try running a memory test? https://www.howtogeek.com/260813/how-to ... -problems/

Ikes

Post by Ikes »

Did you try to run muvizu as administrator?

JustFiBi

Post by JustFiBi »

Wait. Why did you mention Unreal?
That's the dmp files. Each time I launch Muvizu there is a new "unreal-v8916-2018.03.06.(timestamp).dmp created.
You'd know better than I from where that is generated.

I've got the C++ and will install that in a second. I did go through the C++, .Net and DirectX with the initial 2017 installation, but there was a message that came up for each except the DirectX saying the current files are up to date and I could either uninstall them and use those in the installation, or bypass that part of the installation. I chose to bypass since what I have is newer.
Wasn't that right?

A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine.

I didn't think it would be wise to throw out the updated version. But if you think I should give it a try I will.

I'm always logged in as admin. When I get prompted that I will need admin access, I just hit ok and "whatever" is installed. I'm the only person on this machine.

A right click and "Run as administrator" on the Muvizu.exe file did nothing different.

You're thinking of things as fast as I can perform them. Thank you for taking the time.

If you want me to run the memory test I'll have to shut down first.
Let me know if you think that's really something we should test, since there is nothing else effected. I do have 8gb of RAM. I can't think that as smooth as the rest of the system runs that there could be a problem with memory. But Muvizu is a hog...what do you think? Reboot and test?

Ikes

Post by Ikes »

When you go to the help (?) menu in the right corner and choose about > System info: are there any error messages? You should be able to click it with the new scene window still open, because on load a new scene is already loaded. Can you create an object or character?

JustFiBi

Post by JustFiBi »

When I clicked on (?), there is nothing about System info. But I clicked on "About" and guess what happened?

...I got the error just like all the other trials.

I tried again on another couple of the options in the (?), but the same thing. I think Muvizu just wants me to go away...

Ikes

Post by Ikes »

This graphics card Geforce GT 710, is that a new card, or did muvizu worked with it before? I ask because I'm affraid the card seems not compatible with muvizu according to this file in your muvizu directory: Engine\Config\BaseCompat.ini

JustFiBi

Post by JustFiBi »

The Geforce that I am using is what I installed when my "old" card wouldn't work well with Muvizu. I used Muvizu with the old card, but it had problems saving and that's when I found that the old card didn't have enough memory.

So I bought the Geforce GT 710 new and everything I created was done with that card.
I can't see that it would be a problem since I had been using it for several months.
I haven't changed the graphics card since I last was using Muvizu - and it worked really well.
Here are the specs, if this helps - https://www.geforce.com/hardware/deskto ... ifications

I find it very hard to believe that Muvizu has changed so much that my graphics card - now just 2 years old - is outdated for the software. In fact, I see the card was only released a couple of months before I bought one. 2 years is pretty new for hardware these days. 6 or 8 years ago, you'd be lucky to get something to last a year. But now, it's really unusual to go "less" than say 5 or 6 years before considering replacing hardware.

I looked through the BaseCompat.ini also and couldn't find the card listed.
In fact, there are "no" GT cards listed.

But I don't understand. If Muvizu hasn't changed dramatically, how can the card "suddenly" not have the capability to work with Muvizu?

If I had attempted to load a complex scene and it failed, I would agree it's the card.
But I haven't loaded any scene. I can't even get into the (?) / About. There are no graphics of consequence there. So why would the software fail at that point if it was only the graphics card?

NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTX was released only a few months after the one I have, and it "is" in the list, but is not easy to find one. It has a 5 rating in the BaseCompat.ini list.
From what I can tell in comparing specs, the 710 is better - In part due to the various supported technologies.
The 710 exceeds all the minimum requirements for Muvizu - see attached image.
Attachments
requirements1.png
requirements1.png (30.03 KiB) Viewed 20311 times

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

I'm out of ideas now. It seems to be an error with one of the underlying technologies in Muvizu. I would assume the Unreal 3 engine since that's the main beast underneath which sometimes causes errors.
You may want to try talking with the Meshmellow team, but that will probably be futile: snow.tu@meshmellow.cn

Ikes

Post by Ikes »

It's a strange case...
Is dxdiag without errors? Do you have no problems with other 3d software?