Old and New versions refuse to load

Reporting any bugs you find in the Muvizu software.
JustFiBi

Old and New versions refuse to load

Post by JustFiBi »

Hi -
It's been a little more than a year since I had the chance to use Muvizu, so you can imagine what I've been met with when trying to open what "was" working perfectly the last time I used Muvizu.
I finally found information about the March 2017 version, followed the instructions, created a new folder, copied my license, and was met with the following error:
SECURE CRT: Invalid parameter detected.
Expression: Unknown Function: Unknown. File: Unknown Line: 0

No matter which set I select, even a blank set, that error comes up with only 1 option - "OK" - and then Muvizu closes.
Before I select a set, I can go through the list and see the thumbnails of all the available categories. But none of them will load. Is this the result of that "other" company failing to do what they need?
Or is there something else that I need to do in order to use Muvizu?
(And, should I not call the software that anymore?)

To recap, I'm using the suggested ...2017.03.31.01R_x64.exe, installed to Program Files/Muvizu Play17, have copied my original "playplus.lic" license to /MuvizuGame/License, and can get to the screen where I see Muvizu:Play+ -Untitled which allows me to select a set. When I select one, any and all, I get the error (above).
I'm guessing that I don't need to tell you I've paid for the software and am not using the free version.
And I'm on a fully updated Win 10 Pro system - with plenty of RAM, storage and graphics capability. In fact I bought a new card when I initially installed Muvizu in order to eliminate issues at that time.
I've made several movies the end of 2016...I just can't access anything now.

Is this "me"? Or that "other" company?

The original version starts to load and gets to the screen where I "could" select a set, then pops up a huge page of errors - long enough that it goes down far below the bottom of my screen. So it's not usable at all. That's what prompted me to start investigating what happened to the great program.

After going through several pages of information I didn't see anything related to this issue. I saw some things "close", but not quite enough information to help in this situation - other than revert back to a 2016 version.

Thanks, gents. Sorry you have to field what the "other guys" need to be addressing.

Doc
Site Admin

Re: Old and New versions refuse to load

Post by Doc »

Hi, welcome to Anizu :)

Those errors are very unusual and don't sound like anything I've seen before. I would advise re-installing the March 2017 version: http://www.anizu.uk/downloads

To activate, you should now be able to use your old licence key as explained about halfway down this page: http://www.anizu.uk/muvizuactivation

Let us know if you're still having problems.

Doc :)

Ikes

Post by Ikes »

Hi FiBi,

Did you install all the third party software like C++, DirectX and .net?

JustFiBi

Post by JustFiBi »

I tried every scenario of installing I could think to try, but nothing worked.
Yes, to your question about C++, .Net and DirectX.
On the initial install of 2017 I went through the entire installation and accepted everything.

I just went through the 2017 install again and, although I got an additional window asking for my license key (because I removed that, saved it, uninstalled 2016 too), after I entered the key I got the "success" response. But I was still unable to open "any" set - even the blank set.

I tried installing the 2013 and went through the same scenarios. I uninstalled all, then reinstalled 2017.

I've gone back through some responses from 2016 when Jamie was working with an issue I had. Nothing I've tried or found as a possible resolve has worked.

I reinstalled 2017 without uninstalling, then uninstalled and reinstalled 2017 (that was my last try just a few minutes ago). I get that stupid error message every time I select any set. Everything goes along fine until I attempt to load a set - even the blank.

I hope I've answered your questions. I'm sure there is "something" that will trigger a resolve. But I've done what you suggested, done what others in the forum suggested for other issues, and keep coming up with that bloody error.

The only thing I haven't tried is to throw out all of the folders from any install (Muvizu Play and Muvizu Play17). But I did remove and save the license, although I also have the key from when I initially purchased the software. So I used that through the prompts instead of having it already in the /MuvizuGame/License folder before the installation.

You guys are good...someone is going to tell me what I did, or what the flock is happening.
Thanks.

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

Could you post a screenshot of the error messages?
Maybe trying disabling your antivirus - it might be super-aggressive?

Ikes

Post by Ikes »

Can you also tell what the log file is saying in MuvizuGame\Logs\Persistant.log?

JustFiBi

Post by JustFiBi »

Launching normally, the help video screen appears.
Close that and then I have "New scene" selection.
Regardless of the selection, the next thing is the error.
Clearly the error is coming from Muvizu because it's got the identification at the top left.

I'm not happy that you are confused, but I'm glad that it's not just me. ;)

I'm using "only" Windows Defender. But I'll see if allowing Muvizu will make any difference. I've never ever had WD interfere with anything, but there is always a first time.
I'll post these images then go see if I can make a difference with allowing Muvizu in WD.

The posted images come up with the help videos first and the error last.
Attachments
after-selecting-blank.png
after-selecting-blank.png (3.06 KiB) Viewed 20958 times
after-close-videos.png
after-close-videos.png (59.82 KiB) Viewed 20958 times
after-launch1.png
after-launch1.png (27.73 KiB) Viewed 20958 times

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

According to this post: http://steamcommunity.com/app/207230/di ... 201811373/
It's due to Intel integrated graphics.

I'm clutching at straws now but is your monitor plugged into your GPU rather than your motherboard? Are your graphics drivers up to date?

Edit: Upon re-reading that, it seems that the person didn't really know what the error was.

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

Do you have any mods for the Unreal engine or games on your PC?

JustFiBi

Post by JustFiBi »

Here's the log (fairly short):

LicenceManager.Create start
LicenceManager.InitLicenceSystem start
LicenceManager.InitLicenceSystem finish
LicenceManager.EvaluateLicenceFile start
LicenceSystemHostidCompare start
Licence:
0, , BCAEC5CB2A1E
System:
0, Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, BCAEC5CB2A1E
LicenceSystemHostidCompare finish True
LicenceManager.EvaluateLicenceFile finish 1
LicenceManager.Create finish True

I see, in the same folder, 3 dmp files.
I have no clue what they say since they are encrypted.

I'm smiling as you are "clutching", but the monitor is plugged into the graphics card, and I use NVIDIA which usually updates a couple of times a month.
I've included a couple more screen shots...

The white shot shows how the monitor is plugged in and the name of the card as well as the monitor.
The dark shot confirms that the last updated was February 26th.

I'm willing to turn the computer upside down if you think it will help.
Attachments
video-driver.png
video-driver.png (78.54 KiB) Viewed 20952 times
video-card.png
video-card.png (60.54 KiB) Viewed 20952 times