Direct 9/11 - Layers - Effects

Reporting any bugs you find in the Muvizu software.
Doby

Direct 9/11 - Layers - Effects

Post by Doby »

When I use Direct 9 there are no layers menu.
Direct 11 there were layers, but with fog, when trying to export frames crashed my video card.
When I try to export frames the video was shorter than the audio (did not match up).
Exporting .mp4 video and audio matched.
Was that because I used layers? Or was it the fog?
Is there higher quality in export with 11? Seems like it.
I only have 8gb ram. Nvdia Geoforce vid card.
When I hit CTRL + L when using Direct 9, it pulled up the layers menu even though there were no menus showing for it.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :idea:

Doc
Site Admin

Re: Direct 9/11 - Layers - Effects

Post by Doc »

Doby wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:24 am
When I use Direct 9 there are no layers menu.
Direct 11 there were layers, but with fog, when trying to export frames crashed my video card.
When I try to export frames the video was shorter than the audio (did not match up).
Exporting .mp4 video and audio matched.
Was that because I used layers? Or was it the fog?
Is there higher quality in export with 11? Seems like it.
I only have 8gb ram. Nvdia Geoforce vid card.
When I hit CTRL + L when using Direct 9, it pulled up the layers menu even though there were no menus showing for it.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :idea:
  1. That's by design. Layers are only supported on DX11
  • This is because your video card is not powerful enough. Muvizu is a very power hungry application so you will need to upgrade your graphics card for such complex scenes.
  • Make sure you import with the framerate set to 25fps. Yours is probably 30fps by default which means the frames get out of sync with the audio.
  • It might be easier for you to export at MP4 with the quality/bitrate set to maximum.
  • ???
  • I don't think so, but more features are supported. DX9 is very old now.
  • Ok. See point 2 if you want faster and better video from Muvizu
  • This sounds like a bug. Can't do anything about that unless Meshmellow get their heads around the source code. For now just ignore it.

Doby

Re: Direct 9/11 - Layers - Effects

Post by Doby »

Thanks, Doc! Glad you could make sense outta what I wrote I was pretty tired. The "fog" particles are what really made it tough! Never used effects before.

I imported it 25fps with 9 and 11 -- done it a million times -- I think it had a hard time rendering all the frames because of the particles, not sure.

Thanks for setting me straight about the layers ;) You're the best! :D