les UV de Mandy

Post here if you need help posting to the Anizu forum or have any trouble with the Anizu site.
JoAn

les UV de Mandy

Post by JoAn »

Hello,

I am new on this forum and in the use of Muvizu. I have a problem creating create costumes for Mandy. I can not find the UV of the whole body and when I use the UV provided by the software they are displayed on the head of the character. Is there a solution or have to give up customizing it?
Thank you for your help

PS this message may be inconsistent because it has been translated by Google (I can not speak English).

Cordialement
JoAn

Ziggy72

Re: les UV de Mandy

Post by Ziggy72 »

Mandy, Rosie, Beefy and Heroine are not built like the other characters - they have a separate UV for each part of their body and each item of clothing, and you load the textures into each part (not just one decal image, like with the 'potato heads'). This is my own link to my Mandy UVs : https://1drv.ms/u/s!ALlUfF5OI9dJgU4

Try these and then get back to us :)

JoAn

Post by JoAn »

None of the UVs are in the right place. What must be done to ensure that positioning is not random?

JoAn

Ziggy72

Post by Ziggy72 »

First of all sorry, that was the wrong link - that was the Mandy install program, not the UVs. These are all the UVs : https://1drv.ms/u/s!ALlUfF5OI9dJgUM

Second of all, where are you trying to load the UVs into? Which part of Mandy are you trying to change?

JoAn

Post by JoAn »

thank you very much, your textures work much better, but I have a new question: in the character's properties, how do we use the custom texture property?
   In my example I chose the top "evening wear" and redraw the shapes I wanted (2 versions: one with spots and the other without). When I want the stained top to appear using the custom texture property it appears on the character's head.
   I used the visible property and two Mandy characters to get the desired result but this solution is cumbersome and the custom texture property must serve something !!!

Thank you for your attention, your responsiveness and your advice. Muvizu is a fabulous software.

JoAn

PS: I am a teacher and my students would certainly be interested in using it. I have tried to contact them (snow.tu@meshmellow.cn) several times without response from them: do you have information about this education version and do you know another way to reach them?

Ziggy72

Post by Ziggy72 »

You know, I've never tried to animate the textures on a Mandy before - wouldn't surprise me if there were problems doing that, since the custom texture thing assumes you're animating the whole body decal (I'll test it - the custom texture animation works just fine on the potato heads, been using it on them for years, but I'll try it on the new characters and see what's up). I think you'll have to do 2 takes with the different textures then just cut between them in your video editor. You could put Mandy on her own layer to make it easier to do the switch without anyone noticing.

As for meshmellow, I have no idea what they're up to. The Muvizu website looks pretty much the same as the day Digimania went into administration, and since a company's website is the main point of contact to your customers I'm not too confident that they're doing much to expand their support. Mind you, sounds like you already know enough to run a class teaching this without meshmellow's help anyway, so you might as well just install the free version of Muvizu on all your PCs and do it yourself. Look forward to seeing your movies :)