Things I noticed

Talk about anything not related to Animation.
zeke365

Things I noticed

Post by zeke365 »

I just want to say thank you all for keeping the community alive but I want to you to know that I noticed something earlier this year before muvizu closed down.
I noticed they were investing all their money in what seemed to be new engines maybe to get people to move away from muvizu with something that looked like Minecraft and other things whether is true or not I do not know but I think that where it began from.

The second thing I wish the company would do is to make muvizu open source for fans to create fixes and other stuff for the software, we have a fairly large community here.

That my 2cents on the situation.

Doc
Site Admin

Re: Things I noticed

Post by Doc »

zeke365 wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:53 pm
I just want to say thank you all for keeping the community alive but I want to you to know that I noticed something earlier this year before muvizu closed down.
I noticed they were investing all their money in what seemed to be new engines maybe to get people to move away from muvizu with something that looked like Minecraft and other things whether is true or not I do not know but I think that where it began from.

The second thing I wish the company would do is to make muvizu open source for fans to create fixes and other stuff for the software, we have a fairly large community here.

That my 2cents on the situation.
You're right that Digimania were looking for new ways to make money. Muvizu is nearing the end of its lifespan because the Unreal 3 engine which it runs on is getting old.
The software you're talking about is called Voxelise and I'm happy to give you a link to download the trial if you like. It's not really anything to do with Muvizu but instead a tool for building 3D Mincraft-esque voxel models. You can also animate them frame-by-frame.
They've tried to launch couple of other bits of new software before too. One for 3D printing little characters called MiniMaker, and another aimed at companies for rendering their 3D animations called RenderDigimania (build on the foundation of Muvizu)
These pieces of software will be sold to new companies just like Muvizu. (Except RenderDigimania which was cancelled before they went into Administration)

It would be nice for Muvizu to become open-source but I don't think that's really on the cards. Firstly, you'd have to convince the company who just spent big bucks on the software to just release it for free; and secondly, I don't think they would even be allowed due to the original contract for the Unreal engine.
The only way for it to sort of go open-source would be for a an angry ex-muvizu dev to release it with questionable legality.

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

Here's the product sheets on those two pieces of software if you wanted more info:

zeke365

Post by zeke365 »

will have to check it out but why was muvizu never moved to the new unreal engine or maybe it would be been a hassle since it was build unreal 3 they could import to unreal 4.

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

zeke365 wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:08 pm
will have to check it out but why was muvizu never moved to the new unreal engine or maybe it would be been a hassle since it was build unreal 3 they could import to unreal 4.
I don't think it would have been easy to port it to UE4. It would have probably made the most sense to start fresh using Unity.
It would be nice to see a new project to start Muvizu 2 on a newer engine, and I'd love to get involved with such a task.

zeke365

Post by zeke365 »

unforcedly I m no programmer I did dabble in a blender but never got too far and few others.