Does the PRO version have more features than the Play+?

Talk about anything not related to Animation.
speedracer

Does the PRO version have more features than the Play+?

Post by speedracer »

Forgive me as I am new here and to Muvizu. I was reading the activation page and another and am confused. Are you saying the old legacy version is a better version (more bells/whistles, etc.) than the PRO version currently being offered? Meshmallow (chinese co) is offering the PRO, FULL (Paly+ <assuming its the Play+>) and the edu versions. Bottom line, if I am going to purchase a version is the Paly+ going to be more complete and have more features/functions than the PRO? Just want to buy one version one time. ANY AND ALL help and clarification is greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Doc
Site Admin

Re: Does the PRO version have more features than the Play+?

Post by Doc »

speedracer wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:29 am
Forgive me as I am new here and to Muvizu. I was reading the activation page and another and am confused. Are you saying the old legacy version is a better version (more bells/whistles, etc.) than the PRO version currently being offered? Meshmallow (chinese co) is offering the PRO, FULL (Paly+ <assuming its the Play+>) and the edu versions. Bottom line, if I am going to purchase a version is the Paly+ going to be more complete and have more features/functions than the PRO? Just want to buy one version one time. ANY AND ALL help and clarification is greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Hi speedracer

I've been having trouble wording that section.

Without a licence key, it's called "Muvizu:Play" which is the base version of Muvizu containing only the core characters and restricted access to objects, animations, and output quality. All videos are output with a Muvizu watermark.
With a Play+ licence, you get to render up to 4K without a watermark, and have access to the full default library of objects and animations.
On top of Play+, you can add additional free and paid "content packs" which add additional objects, characters, and functionality to the software. (Meshmellow aren't selling individual content packs at this time)
Muvizu:Pro is just Muvizu:Play+ with all additional content packs included. (This is the version I recommend purchasing if you like the look of Muvizu)

The confusion is from the free version changing over the years. In 2013, it used to include a few of the extras which are now only in Play+ such as full access to the "actions" and objects libraries, as well as the ability to add the "free" content packs. After 2013, they added additional restrictions to the free "Play" version to encourage users to opt for purchasing Play+.

I hope you understand now. I think I will remove the download link for the 2013 version because it's beginning to cause more confusion than good. (It was a temporary solution for the time when nobody was selling Muvizu:Play+)

speedracer

Post by speedracer »

Thank you for the clarification. It was not my intention to cause you heartache about the wording. Yes, I do like the look of the program and will in all probability purchase the PRO version as you recommended. One other questions though. I have watched, sometimes in amazement, the numerous videos that others have produced. Are the characters, backgrounds and other necessities needed to produce them IN the Muvizu program or are they obtained from other 'outside' sources? As, I said, some of them are just amazing.....Thank You..

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

speedracer wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:17 pm
Thank you for the clarification. It was not my intention to cause you heartache about the wording. Yes, I do like the look of the program and will in all probability purchase the PRO version as you recommended. One other questions though. I have watched, sometimes in amazement, the numerous videos that others have produced. Are the characters, backgrounds and other necessities needed to produce them IN the Muvizu program or are they obtained from other 'outside' sources? As, I said, some of them are just amazing.....Thank You..
The characters are all internal to Muvizu. It's not possible to import characters from other software, but these characters have quite a large library of attachments to make them looks different (You can also import attachments for further customisation).
Muvizu is based inside a large dome environment which you can use as a sky, or you can use any of the "backdrops" to put images on. There are some preset images for sky and ground textures, but you can also import any images from elsewhere.
The character "actions" are fairly restricted since you can't import any or create custom ones, but Muvizu includes a library of hundreds of preset actions.
You can have a look here of what sort of things people are creating outside of Muvizu for their videos: http://anizu.uk/anizuAssets

You can download a 30 day trial of Muvizu:Pro here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nq2fr ... KYDN_VWFRG (64 bit)

If you have a specific short clip you're thinking about, post a link and I'll try to explain which parts are from within Muvizu and which aren't.

speedracer

Post by speedracer »

THANKS......