my Muvizu reverted!

Post your questions here.
chuckles

my Muvizu reverted!

Post by chuckles »

I booted up, opened Muvizu - No Characters! ALL with locks on, tried to "Upgrade with my key in place - failed! Checked I still have my license in plaace
I have both a 32 bit and a 64 bit version - no joy!
Whatever has happened ?
Paul

Doc
Site Admin

Re: my Muvizu reverted!

Post by Doc »

If you still have the playplus.lic file you'll be able to recover the licence.
The deactivation is caused by your Mac address changing. (So you probably switched from a wired connection to WiFi or something like that recently)
The easiest way to work around this at the moment is to get your old Mac address from the log file and then spoof it either with the tmac software or with Rod's script. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=78

You can use Rodrisilva's .bat file to automatically do this each time you open Muvizu.

chuckles

Post by chuckles »

What I did was to change my impossible to remember wifi password to one that I can remember!
Thank you for all your solutions, but I am a mere mortal and know nothing of MAC addresses etc. !
Is there a way I can now use Muvizu perhaps using a windows prog ? I think I am too old to learn all the things you have mentioned !
In 1983 when I bought my first home computer I even learned "Machine code" which I have now forgotten! But now, I'm a mere User.
I love Muvizu, and just want to GET BACK TO WHERE I ONCE BELONGED !
Can you help a simple old man ?

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

chuckles wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:19 pm
What I did was to change my impossible to remember wifi password to one that I can remember!
Thank you for all your solutions, but I am a mere mortal and know nothing of MAC addresses etc. !
Is there a way I can now use Muvizu perhaps using a windows prog ? I think I am too old to learn all the things you have mentioned !
In 1983 when I bought my first home computer I even learned "Machine code" which I have now forgotten! But now, I'm a mere User.
I love Muvizu, and just want to GET BACK TO WHERE I ONCE BELONGED !
Can you help a simple old man ?
Lol Chuckles! :D
Congrats for learning machine code even if you've forgotten it now. I know a bit of assembly but all that low-level code is a pain.

I don't think there's a simpler solution at the moment. I'll try to condense the steps here so it's easier to understand. (It's starting to get confusing because all the information is spread around multiple sources)
It's unusual that it would stop working from just changing a password. Your MAC Address is simply a unique ID given to every network device. (ok maybe that doesn't sound simple). So your WiFi dongle will have a unique ID, but your computer may also have an Ethernet adapter which has a different ID. Muvizu picks one to latch onto and will stop working if it can't find it.

Just to confirm, do you have a file called playplus.lic in C:\\Program Files\Muvizu Play\MuvizuGame\Licence ? These steps won't work if you don't have that file.
What you need to do to get Muvizu working:
  1. Find your old MAC Address by opening this file in notepad: C:\\Program Files\Muvizu Play\MuvizuGame\Logs\Persistant.log
    In that file you need to find this section which contains the correct address:
    LicenceManager.Create start
    LicenceManager.InitLicenceSystem start
    LicenceManager.InitLicenceSystem finish
    LicenceManager.EvaluateLicenceFile start
    LicenceSystemHostidCompare start
    Licence:
    0, , XXXXXXXXXXXX (XXX should be your MAC address)
    System:
    (...)
    The section labelled xxxxxxxxxxxxxx here is your MAC Address and should be in the format XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX . Make a note of what it is.
  • Inside the zipped folder there are a few files. You need to open MuvizuSpoof.bat in notepad (you can right click and press "open with")
    Change the MAC Address in that file to the one you noted down earlier.
  • Save the file and then right click and copy. Go to your desktop and right click "paste shortcut"
That should be all you have to do. Double click this new shortcut and it should open a command window and then open Muvizu with all features activated.
Rod's guide has pictures if you get stuck: http://www.anizu.uk/resources/Muvizu%20auto.pdf

The majority of the credit for these solutions goes to Rodrisilva and Ikes.

Let us know if it worked or if you're still having trouble. :)

chuckles

Post by chuckles »

I tried that - and failed! my MAC number has the save number of digits but no dashes in between. I added the dashes, but no joy, When It starts up it tries to go online to Muvizu.com which of course no longer exists. I really want to use Muvizu again. I have Installation files. Shall I try to reinstall ? If I send my MAC number to you would it help ?

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

chuckles wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:30 pm
I tried that - and failed! my MAC number has the save number of digits but no dashes in between. I added the dashes, but no joy, When It starts up it tries to go online to Muvizu.com which of course no longer exists. I really want to use Muvizu again. I have Installation files. Shall I try to reinstall ? If I send my MAC number to you would it help ?
It could be caused by having the wrong adapter name which you could change in the bat file.
If you private message me your Mac address I could double check we're looking at the right thing.

chuckles

Post by chuckles »

Hello Doc
I sent the file to you. Did you get it ?

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

chuckles wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:31 pm
Hello Doc
I sent the file to you. Did you get it ?
Yep I replied with what you should put in the file. Let us know if it worked. If not, we can try a different method.