Assets upload file size

Post your questions here.
rodrisilva

Assets upload file size

Post by rodrisilva »

Can someone tell me if there is a size limit to upload asset files ?
I tried to upload my summer beach asset and it always stopped at 14% .
Passionate about animation
Visit my Youtube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrRodrisilva

Doc
Site Admin

Re: Assets upload file size

Post by Doc »

rodrisilva wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:59 pm
Can someone tell me if there is a size limit to upload asset files ?
I tried to upload my summer beach asset and it always stopped at 14% .
There is a size limit (50MB I think) but I'm not at my PC so can't check at the moment. If you send me a Dropbox link to it I'll upload it manually.
I would like to increase the limit but the server has a limited amount of ram and RW speed so larger files often timeout before completely reaching the server.

Edit: DW you posted the link on zuchat, could you send the thumbnail please. :)

rodrisilva

Post by rodrisilva »

Doc wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:28 pm
There is a size limit (50MB I think) but I'm not at my PC so can't check at the moment. If you send me a Dropbox link to it I'll upload it manually.
I would like to increase the limit but the server has a limited amount of ram and RW speed so larger files often timeout before completely reaching the server.
I understand.
I think it's better to keep this assets out of anizu to not overload the server. My latest set is really heavy (around 150 MB) due to animated textures size.
I will keep it on my own cloud drive making link available in Anizu forum.

Thanks
Passionate about animation
Visit my Youtube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrRodrisilva

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

rodrisilva wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:47 pm
Doc wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:28 pm
I understand.
I think it's better to keep this assets out of anizu to not overload the server. My latest set is really heavy (around 150 MB) due to animated textures size.
I will keep it on my own cloud drive making link available in Anizu forum.

Thanks
The server should be able to cope with users downloading but it's the uploading which has problems. I'll PM you when I get back to my pc for the thumbnail. (I'll add the ability to add video thumbnails and a description if I find enough time)

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

I'm finally back at my PC and have double checked the current restrictions for uploading. The maximum file size for a set is currently 50MB and 5MB for the thumbnail. If you have a slower internet connection, you may find the upload stops after a certain period of time and complains about only .set files being allowed.
For future reference, if anyone would like to upload a larger set, please private message me a link to the set and thumbnail so I can manually add it to the server. :)