SURFACE FLASHING

Post your questions here.
Geoff Clarkson
Founding Member

SURFACE FLASHING

Post by Geoff Clarkson »

Does anyone else hit this problem, and does anyone have a solution?

These grey rocks are fine under normal ambient light, and they are fine with an additional source such as a spotlight or directional lighting , but only with a static view or a static camera. If you have camera movement when zooming or panning, you get these patterns rapidly flashing over the surfaces. If you delete those extra sources and go back to ambient lighting the effect disappears.
flashing .jpg
flashing .jpg (78.8 KiB) Viewed 9255 times

Ikes

Re: SURFACE FLASHING

Post by Ikes »

Hi Geoff,

That usually happens when 2 or more faces overlap in the model.

rodrisilva

Post by rodrisilva »

Where did you got those models ?
Ikes is wright. Those models must have more than one surface. You may not notice in original 3d program because normals could be correctly applied. Once in Muvizu that changes creating those weird effects.
Sometimes this coul be due to bad triangulation. Try to triangulate object before export. However in your case I think you have duplicate faces in those rock models.
Passionate about animation
Visit my Youtube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrRodrisilva

Geoff Clarkson
Founding Member

Post by Geoff Clarkson »

Thanks for your replies. Yes I am pretty sure it was caused by duplicate surfaces on some of the elements. There were over 50 separate elements in that model of stonehenge and it probably happened during cuuting and posting when I was tidying up the model in sketchup. What fooled me was that it only became apparant with the moving camera and supplentary lighting in muvizu. To get round it I just produced a separte layer with the offending stones in ambient light and laid that over. It did the job for those few seconds of film in question. I couldnt have faced remodelling the whole object, I will leave that to the perfectionists.