Render layers with transparent background

Post your questions here.
toni12345

Re: Render layers with transparent background

Post by toni12345 »

targa file -> same problem with black background

So far i had no success transferring the fully working license to a newer version, but will try again...

toni12345

Post by toni12345 »

Ok, so when I transfer the license to the March version, I can't accessthe layer window through the menu bar but by pressing Ctrl +L, but all other layer functions are not activated, so I can't render just one layer. The layer-tab in the "Make Video"-window is non-existent, so i can't really work with that.

If I interpret the mails I got from Meshmellow correctly, there might be an April version (2017.04.60...) somewhere out there. Anybody heard of that one?

toni12345

Post by toni12345 »

PatMarrNC wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:37 pm
if you're using hit film, it doesn't matter if it's a transparent background, as long as it's a solid color. They have a variety of chroma key solutions which are capable of making a solid color transparent. In your effects, just search for "KEY" (as in "chroma key")
Thanks for your input, I could work with that as long as the character in question doesn't wear black..- :D . Rendering transparent layers would be much more elegant though, so I'd still be glad if somebody had an idea why this is not working for me.

Ikes

Post by Ikes »

toni12345 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:40 pm
Ok, so when I transfer the license to the March version, I can't accessthe layer window through the menu bar but by pressing Ctrl +L, but all other layer functions are not activated, so I can't render just one layer. The layer-tab in the "Make Video"-window is non-existent, so i can't really work with that.

If I interpret the mails I got from Meshmellow correctly, there might be an April version (2017.04.60...) somewhere out there. Anybody heard of that one?
Check under options if directx is set to version 11. Version 9 doesn't support layers.

toni12345

Post by toni12345 »

DirectX 11 is activated, so that's not it.

Ikes

Post by Ikes »

hmmm, if I try to recreate what you get, it only makes a black background on the layer if "Cutout occluders" is switched off in the make video screen.
Maybe you can try to disable and enable it again?

toni12345

Post by toni12345 »

Thanks a lot for your input, but that did not change anything either. I am beginning to think that it might be a bug in the version I have. Unfortunately i Don't get the full layer functionality when I transfer my license to the march version. Ignore that, I forgot to switch on directx 11. Maybe I'll get somewhere with that version.

Update: That did it! So obviously a bug in the January version. I can't enable 360 video in this version at the moment for licensing reasons, but that's a different story. Thanks to everybody for your help and advice. :D

toni12345

Post by toni12345 »

Just a quick update: I downloaded the latest version (MuvizuPlaySetupDXDotNetFull_2017.04.06.01R_Pro_x64), which took forever, but now the rendering works and I can activate 360 and amything else I need!

:D :D :D :D :D