How to replace a character for another one by keeping the directed actions?

Post your questions here.
ppcores

How to replace a character for another one by keeping the directed actions?

Post by ppcores »

Hi,
I would like to apply the directed actions from one character to different characters by replacing the character by another one. My intention is to reward students with their own character customization with different actions according their performance in studying.
When copying a character from one set to another, actions are removed, so a cannot do it by this way.
The set files are binary and with a propietary format, so I´m unable to do this task it by editting the files.
Thank you in advance
Best regards

Doc
Site Admin

Re: How to replace a character for another one by keeping the directed actions?

Post by Doc »

ppcores wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:51 pm
Hi,
I would like to apply the directed actions from one character to different characters by replacing the character by another one. My intention is to reward students with their own character customization with different actions according their performance in studying.
When copying a character from one set to another, actions are removed, so a cannot do it by this way.
The set files are binary and with a propietary format, so I´m unable to do this task it by editting the files.
Thank you in advance
Best regards
Actions are not transferable unfortunately, they need to be manually directed for each new character.

Ikes

Post by Ikes »

Hi,

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but you could delete everything, but keep the character with its actions and then save the set with a different name, or isn't that what you want?

ppcores

Post by ppcores »

Not exactly.
I want to create some funny scenes that represent a generic student with different emotions. Zombie, sad, funny, superhero and so on.
These scenes are rewards for students according to their performance in different school tasks or games we play in class.
I would like each student to have their own character, as an avatar or a mii.
So, my like would be to apply the different scenes to the students avatars, what means that I want to be able to replace the scene dummy character with the student character.
Probably this task is imposible with the current muvizu versions, but I think I would be possible if actions where asociates to characters as program objects independently of the object particular properties.

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

ppcores wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:34 pm
Not exactly.
I want to create some funny scenes that represent a generic student with different emotions. Zombie, sad, funny, superhero and so on.
These scenes are rewards for students according to their performance in different school tasks or games we play in class.
I would like each student to have their own character, as an avatar or a mii.
So, my like would be to apply the different scenes to the students avatars, what means that I want to be able to replace the scene dummy character with the student character.
Probably this task is imposible with the current muvizu versions, but I think I would be possible if actions where asociates to characters as program objects independently of the object particular properties.
Ah I see what you're trying to do. Muvizu is unlikely to have this exact feature in the future, but I think I found a slightly easier workaround. You can switch between saved "favourites" of the same character type.
So you could make one version of the animation with the boy, and then one with the girl.
Next you need to create your individual avatars for each student and when you're done with each, go to the favourites tab in their edit menu and press save.
In your original animation, you can change the appearance of the main character by going to their favourites tab and picking the student.

That should mostly resolve your original concern, however I guess you'd need to render the whole scene for each student so that could take some time.

Ikes

Post by Ikes »

Ok I see, I think you could do it with Doc's way. But you would need to make all the scenes with every different dummy charater. Because if you make a scene with a dummy boy, you can't replace him with a girl, Beefy or a fat man, only with a saved boy favourite. It''s still a lot of work I'm affraid.