Downloaded .fbx models

Post your questions here.
Geoff Clarkson
Founding Member

Downloaded .fbx models

Post by Geoff Clarkson »

Sometimes when you buy an fbx model, you download it with its UV map or its pile of textures, and you open it in muvizu and it is fine. Most times you can find those textures in edit / properties and you can edit or change them.

Sometimes however all you end up with in muvizu is a monochrome blob – its your model but without any means to edit it into what you want. Sometimes you get what appears to be a full UV map for the model – but how do you stick that on the model. ?

Do I have to go into Blender and mess around in there? It’s a jungle in there.

Ziggy72

Re: Downloaded .fbx models

Post by Ziggy72 »

Unfortunately yes, you have to reassign the texture in blender or something similar and then re-export so that Muvizu has an easier time of it. If you load the fbx into blender and check the circle icon next to the Mode button (which shows Object mode by default) you can check that blender can see the textures okay. The circle icon is the shader button state, so change it to Textured and you should see the model with it's textures intact. Export it (with the usual Muvizu friendly fbx settings) and try importing into Muvizu again. Sometimes that's all you have to do. If that doesn't work, you'll have to research remapping the UV back on. I don't know how to do that in blender, as I use 3d Coat or 3dXchange to fix my textures.