collision

Post your questions here.
tonyf69

collision

Post by tonyf69 »

OK, I have used ziggy's ASE collision 'solution' for a while now, but now I need to turn collision off for FBX files. Anyone know a solution please?

Geoff Clarkson
Founding Member

Re: collision

Post by Geoff Clarkson »

ZIGGY’S BLENDER BLANK STARTER Here is a handly little file thatZiggy kindly set up for me to help me to make .FBX objects for muvizu.
Make your model ( I use sketchup mostly ). If you download a sketchup model from the warehouse I recommend you simplify it drastically by deleting all the detail that won’t be seen or doesn’t matter.
Export your model as a collada (.dae) file, ( tick the options to include exporting UV map).
Open the Blender Blank Starter , you will see the little cube in the centre. Import your model into Blender.
Export you model as an .fbx. Mostly this works fine, though sometimes I have to go back to sketchup to re-simplify the model..

If it is a really big model , especially with inside spaces and cavities, you can make it into several different models and reassemble them in muvizu.
Blender Blank Starter.7z
(53.26 KiB) Downloaded 628 times

Ziggy72

Post by Ziggy72 »

When using the blender 'starter' file, remember that you have to rename the UCX box to be the same name as your model to get the collision (so if your model is called CAR, then the ucx file would be called UCX_CAR - don't delete the underscore!). Export from blender as an FBX using the Muvizu preset and it should all work.

tonyf69

Post by tonyf69 »

Thank you for your help guys, it's working fine now. :D