Insert a new character in the middle of a scene?

Post your questions here.
MargoChaise

Insert a new character in the middle of a scene?

Post by MargoChaise »

Can't seem to accomplish adding somebody in the middle of a scene. Just started with Muvizu, thanks.
Very very new.

Doc
Site Admin

Re: Insert a new character in the middle of a scene?

Post by Doc »

MargoChaise wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:22 pm
Can't seem to accomplish adding somebody in the middle of a scene. Just started with Muvizu, thanks.
Welcome to Anizu!

Could you explain what you're trying to do in more detail? I'm having trouble picturing what you're trying to do.

MargoChaise

Post by MargoChaise »

I am starting a scene with Character 1. Let's say I want Character 2 to appear at 30". I can't figure out how to do that. I can only get characters to appear from the very beginning of the scene. thanks for any help!
Very very new.

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc »

MargoChaise wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:43 pm
I am starting a scene with Character 1. Let's say I want Character 2 to appear at 30". I can't figure out how to do that. I can only get characters to appear from the very beginning of the scene. thanks for any help!
You just want them to appear suddenly? You can go to Prepare-->Character Properties-->Visibility and set that to animate. Then click "switch to direct" and tick and untick the box when needed. That should work although I'm only doing this from memory so report back if you get stuck.

MargoChaise

Post by MargoChaise »

Hi. What you said didn't work for me. I can't even explain why, but I didn't understand the visibility situation. However, I found a way to do what I want: I put the character behind a wall, and then I move him out to where he is visible when I want that to happen. BUT -- the program keeps crashing. I have a feeling I've come to this game a bit too late. (maybe not)

Is there a tutorial that will teach me how to make the characters pick up objects and do things with them, or is that too sophisticated for this program?

Thanks for your help.
Very very new.

bigwally

Post by bigwally »

Still don't understand why you can't make a character invisible. It's the simplest solution and it works. What version of Muvizu are you using?

MargoChaise

Post by MargoChaise »

I'm using the simple free version I just downloaded yesterday.
Very very new.

MargoChaise

Post by MargoChaise »

I can do "animate" or "not animate" but all animate does is make them jiggle around a little, blink their eyes, etc. There is nothing about "visibility" that toggles between See Him or Don't See Him, at least not that I can discern.
Very very new.

Ziggy72

Post by Ziggy72 »

Yeah, it can be a bit of a nightmare navigating Muvizu to begin with, but stick with it :) Muvizu characters can only use the animations included in the program, so no you can't pick things up (although you can attach objects to their hands in Muvizu+, the paid for version). Clever editing or fake hands is the way to do things that aren't covered by the existing animations.

I made you a little tutorial to show how to animate the visibility. Feel free to ask anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U7W-hdS_RY&feature=youtu.be