Rotating Objects and Scene

Post your questions here.
mgiambrone43

Rotating Objects and Scene

Post by mgiambrone43 »

I have always struggled with this issue.

When I right click and hold and drag to rotate and object, other windows open (object window and edit window) and get in the way. Is there a way to change this behavior?

It is getting very frustrating to move and rotate the objects precisely.

Any suggestions?

Doc
Site Admin

Re: Rotating Objects and Scene

Post by Doc »

mgiambrone43 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:46 am
I have always struggled with this issue.

When I right click and hold and drag to rotate and object, other windows open (object window and edit window) and get in the way. Is there a way to change this behavior?

It is getting very frustrating to move and rotate the objects precisely.

Any suggestions?
That sounds like it could be a problem with your mouse. Perhaps the computer is not registering you holding the button but instead reads it as a few right clicks which would cause the menus to appear. I would suggest trying a different mouse and making sure you hold the right mouse button firmly so it doesn't accidentally release as you are moving the mouse.
Remember that your cursor must be over the object you are trying to rotate when you initially press down on the mouse button. If your cursor is over the background it will move your view rather than the object. If your cursor is over one of the menus at the top then you may see them pop up.

mgiambrone43

Re: Rotating Objects and Scene

Post by mgiambrone43 »

Thanks Doc. Very helpful.

I tried using the built in mouse on the keyboard as I am working on a laptop.

Then I tried using the external logitech mouse and using the right and left buttons on the lap top mouse.

Working like a charm now.

Thanks for you help.