Importing objects with transparent png

Post your questions here.
CloudNinja

Importing objects with transparent png

Post by CloudNinja »

I'm importing a tree that has its leaves as a png file. The tree and the leaves import fine but the transparency turns black in MZU so I've now got a tree with green leaves but a black fill color around the leaves where it really should be transparent.

Any thoughts?

with appreciation,
.a

Ikes

Re: Importing objects with transparent png

Post by Ikes »

Hi,

Is the exported png from your 3d editor still transparent? Maybe you should look at your alpha settings in your editor. What if you re-import the original transparent leaves png again in muvizu?

rodrisilva

Post by rodrisilva »

CloudNinja wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:03 pm
I'm importing a tree that has its leaves as a png file. The tree and the leaves import fine but the transparency turns black in MZU so I've now got a tree with green leaves but a black fill color around the leaves where it really should be transparent.

Any thoughts?

with appreciation,
.a
Transparency in objects like you described is only possible using ASE format. Muvizu is not able to use this property in FBX and OBJ formats. Imported FBX objects with alfa channel textures are managed differently by Muvizu. It´s possible to have transparency in FBX objects but is applied to all texture without the masking capabilities of ASE format.
Passionate about animation
Visit my Youtube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrRodrisilva

CloudNinja

Post by CloudNinja »

@Ikes - yes, it's still transparent.
@rodrisilva - do you know of a free tool (with no malware & viruses :D ) that converts fbx to ase?

with appreciation to you both,
.a